[Gambas-user] Trouble with "make install"

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 6 23:56:50 CEST 2010

> I have three other Gambas3 boxes without this issue, so maybe not a Gambas
> issue.  My latest install in on a Fedora 14 RC box, I receive the following
> error installing with su -c "make install", this works fine on my other
> Fedora 14 boxes, save software levels, all 64bit etc.
>
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/andy/trunk/examples'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andy/trunk/examples'
> Making install in .
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/andy/trunk'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/andy/trunk'
>
> || Unable to compile gambas3
>
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/andy/trunk'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andy/trunk'
> [andy at ...40... trunk]$
>
> This is At revision 3255, but I was having the same issue yesterday.  This
> install was done the same as all the others with ./reconf-all; ./configure;
> make; su -c "make install"
>
> I have attached the configure/make/make install log.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Andy
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p29901192/output.txt.tar.gz output.txt.tar.gz

Read the output carefully: you will see that gb.qt4.webkit cannot be compiled,
and that component is needed to compile the IDE. You just have to install the
qt4 webkit development packages.

Benoît Minisini