[Gambas-user] gambas2-gb-sdl-sound in version 2.21 full with bugs

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Oct 4 21:51:05 CEST 2010

> I know that everybody is fixed upon gambas3, but I'm desperately trying to
> say, that there are so many bugs in it. For example, it freezes the entire
> application upon MP3 playback if the bitrate is higher than 128 kbps which
> is the only accepted rate, since if the bitrate is lower, or the frequency
> is not 44.1 KHz the playback is funny and distorted. Is somebody
> maintaining this part of the project? Or if something is even more its
> "back-backend", is that part a dead project?
> Another bug: If you pause a song (MP3) and try to move the position of the
> song the application crashes with signal #11.
> I'd really appreciate if somebody would take this seriously.
>
> Thanks!

I wrote the gb.sdl.sound component in Gambas 1.0, and I didn't work on it
since. But it used to work before.

I don't think that sdl plays the MP3 on its own, but uses another library. So
the problem may be inside sdl.

Otherwise, the crash when moving a paused song better looks like a bug in my
code.

If you have a gambas project that I can use to reproduce all the problems, it
will help me to fix the bugs, or at least to see where they come from.

Benoît Minisini