[Gambas-user] Gambas app run as root

IMP Technologies - Tajinder Singh imp.tsingh at ...626...
Fri Oct 1 21:27:39 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am new to Gambas but have done some projects in Visual Basic at college
time.

It is a good feeling to know about Gambas which I can use to create helpful
applications on Linux platforms.

I have created a small basic interface for Fedora to change Plymouth theme.
But as changing theme requires to run some commands as root, I would like to
ask for root password before starting the application.
Similarly whenever we run 'system-config-boot' or other software that
requires root privileges.

Please help me with detailed guidance as how I can achieve the result.

Thanks & Regards,

Tajinder Singh
MD & CEO
IMP Technologies