[Gambas-user] Removing / Modifying IsXXXX() functions in Gambas3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Nov 30 14:19:13 CET 2010

> Don't want to bash, but why are CLng and CSng removed/replaced by
> CLong and CSingle and CStr is still there / not replaced by CString?

They were not replaced, I just removed some abbreviations. But I admit it maye
be stupid, as it just takes memory in the compiler. The interpreter does not
care.

> I see some "vb logics" creeping in... same as marking text in insert
> and normal mode in IDE i wrote about...

As for that, maybe we misunderstood each other.

By pressing the INSERT key, you toggle the editor between normal mode and
block/overwrite mode, like in Kate or KWrite. In block mode, insertion
replaces the character under the cursor, and the selection is rectangular (a
block).

But maybe the problem you have is not that. I don't know, you was not very
clear.

> Back in the Gambas2 version it was so logical and cool, but I get more
> restless everytime the revision number goes up ;-)

Gambas 3 is more logical than Gambas 2 is many places!

Benoît Minisini