[Gambas-user] Some new features in Gambas 3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 27 18:37:09 CET 2010

> El sáb, 27-11-2010 a las 08:56 -0600, Mauricio Baeza escribió:
> > Gambas3 looks nice. Integrated support our wiki in my language is
> > wonderful.
> >
> > Do you have a date for the final version?, I need the day and time,
> > but
> > something close would help me.
> >
> > Thank you very much for this great work.
> >
> > Best regards
>
> Sorry I meant:
>
> I not needed the day and time, But Something close Would help me.
>

> Best regards

I understood. I wanted to release before the end of the year, but I have yet
some things to finish.

As I want to make next releases (> 3.0) more often, I have to implement some
sort of preprocessor in the compiler, so that we can compile some part of the
code according to the version. I will try to keep backward compatibility, but
as I will add new features at each release, it may not be possible. So the
user needs a way to make his program compatible between 3.0, 3.1...

So I think I will implement that. Then I will check that there is no little
things to do yet in the language (like I did with Mk<xxx>$() and <xxx>@()
functions) so that at least the core is stable between future versions. Then I
will make a bug tracking system. The simpler is using the Google one. The
funnier is making one in Gambas. And then I will release the first release
candidate.

Benoît Minisini