[Gambas-user] CDE. An interesting packaging tool

Toni Rosa arosa at ...2168...
Sat Nov 13 10:21:21 CET 2010

Hi Gambas List,
It's been a while since I last posted here.
I came across this nice project: CDE
(http://stanford.edu/~pgbovine/cde.html) and I thought of Gambas. It is a
really interesting automatic packaging tool to share applications among
different Linux distributions... It does so by analysing runtime
dependencies and creating a package with them all in it.
It *might* be a nice addition to Gambas, which is already an amazing tool
but has always had some difficulties having all the distribution packages
up-to-date, making the portability among different Linux-es not as smooth
as we all would like for our Gambas-powered applications...
Regards,
Toni