[Gambas-user] SelectAll feature

Fri Nov 12 08:49:00 CET 2010

Ok, Demosthenes,

the guys got you wrong :-)

We thought you mean a running application, not the IDE.

Am 12.11.2010 02:48, schrieb Demosthenes Koptsis:
> i speak about the following:
>
> i am in IDE of Gambas2.
> I click on a Button1 on my FMain.
> I click on Name property.
> The property is get focus and selects all text.
>
> If i click in gridview in text area and i want to select all again the
> text of Name property is not possible.

Tried this here. You are right, each time I click on another element, I
have to search for "Name" and click it again to get its text selected.
Is this what you mean?

> When i press CRTL+A the cursor goes at the beginning of the name as
> shown in video but is not selecting the text.

Confirmed, it does not react as expected.

> The only way to select all the text is to click the Gridview at the
> first column at "Name".

That's right.

> How is it possible to select all by click and not by CTRL+A?
>
> Is this a Qt issue as Benoit said?

Hm. The IDE is coded in Gambas itself (is it?), so it should be possible
to achieve this via catching the keystroke the way Matti described. Or
did Benoit mean, the GridView/TableView doesn't allow for catching the
keystrokes here?

Regards

Rolf