[Gambas-user] Writing to a file on disk

NW hiems at ...2501...
Wed Nov 10 20:04:41 CET 2010

If you want to store just a few informations from your project, there is also
the very simple way via the gb.settings component.

You have to choose this component in the project properties first.

Then (this is Gambas3, look in the docs if you use Gambas2):
Write:
Settings["MyText/1"] = result.Text
Read:
result.Text = Settings["MyText/1"]

The automagically generated file MyProject.conf is stored in ~/.config/gambas(3).

So, if you don't have to save "real" files, you don't have to care about
opening, reading, writing and closing files at all.

Regards
Matti

Thanks for that. It is something I must learn about. However, in this case I do need a real file because it will then be used by another program. So much to learn about Gambs2 and now you are using version 3!!

Regards

Neil