[Gambas-user] MOD arithetic operator

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Wed Nov 10 13:45:13 CET 2010

we will not spend the year ... Gambas will have a new symbol "%", it
will be the synonym operator "MOD" Like "\" is synonymous with "DIV",
thank you Benoit. As the operator is a long writing was old-fashioned
(more explicit), and a short writing more compact. The point on which
I would emphasize most is that there have the least possible
exception, although wanting to keep compatibility with the basic
standard is more or less simple (I want to evidence management
strings)

I said that sometimes a slight distance from this standard for more
logic can be justified. And to my great joy is what is practiced.

The Basic was created in the 1970s, standards were advanced with the
basic objects, a small step forward can not hurt, especially when it
comes to streamline the language.

--
Fabien Bodard