[Gambas-user] MOD arithetic operator

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Tue Nov 9 12:25:40 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM, user <demosthenesk at ...626...> wrote:

> i think Gambas concept is to keep a Basic style language as possible
> can. So an % operator is a foreign word for a Basic language.
Correct I remember MOD from the BBC Acorn's BASIC in the mid 1980s,
so for me it is fairly natural, strangely  even after a 25 year hiatus in
BASIC programming.

It makes sense as the ASCII keyboard doesn't have an "obvious" symbol for
modulus, (except for C programmers) unlike +, -  and / which most
people will understand from primary school mathematics lessons.

Ian