[Gambas-user] Gridview Select Multiple rows.

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Fri Nov 5 12:01:53 CET 2010

true ... it seem it miss a function that can return an array of selected cells

so we can parse the cells .

Ex:
Dim iLastRow as integer =-1
For each Cells in GridView.SelectedItems

  if iLastRow<>Cells.Row then
   aiRows.Add(Cells.Row)
  endif

next

But it miss some things to do that

a cell item need to be able to return its rows

maybe just a property row.selected wil be sufficient
2010/11/5 user <demosthenesk at ...626...>:
> One solution is to use a dynamic array, and when user click a row to
> check if it is selected.
>
> if it is selected check if is in array
> if row is in array the user want to remove it, remove record from array
> if row is not in array the user want to add it to selection, add it to
> array.
>
> if it is not selected user want to add row to array
>
> The array can hold the values of keys of GridView
>
> Finaly you will have a dynamic array with rows of user selection.
>
> i have an example, i will find it to show you.
>
> On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 15:09 +1100, Michael wrote:
>> I'm a newbie to Gambas and very impressed. Managed to solve all my
>> queries and port apps from VB. However I have one problem that has me beat:)
>> I have a GridView with Mode = Multiple and can select multiple rows;
>> either sequentially or at random. So far so good as similar to VB.
>> I want to loop through the selected items and take some action on each
>> item. eg: Delete the row.
>> I cannot find a way to read the selected row. The Gridview.Row property
>> only returns the last selected row.
>> Typically my grid may contain 1000 rows and I use this function to
>> delete old records. It would be tedious one at a time. I could get
>> around it by asking the user to enter a cutoff date or range of row
>> numbers to delete but this raises the question "What is the point of
>> having a Multiple mode attribute?"
>> Thanks
>> Mike

Fabien Bodard