[Gambas-user] Structure support in Gambas 3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu May 27 16:16:05 CEST 2010

> Benoît,
> What would happen if there was a case you had program A with 3.x
> dependencies and Program B running 3.y dependencies?
> Or are you only referring to complete Gambas 3.x and 3.y installations on
> the same machine?
>
> Regards,
> Dimitris

If you upgrade from Gambas 3.X to Gambas 3.Y, with Y > X, then all your old
projects should continue to run. A recompilation may be needed if the bytecode
version change. But I will try to avoid that as much as possible, and will
emit a big warning otherwise.

The requirement is that Gambas 3.Y must be backward compatible with Gambas
3.X. But a program that needs Gambas 3.Y will not be able to run with Gambas
3.X.

Benoît Minisini