[Gambas-user] Gambas for windows, how?

Stevie lang at ...1938...
Fri May 14 19:08:24 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2010 19:23:54 schrieb EA7DFH:
> El 13/05/10 18:41, admhardsoft at ...253... escribió:
> > Ok you are right but I wanna developer an app for a customer  in windows,
> > because he doesn't know any debian, ubuntu, just windows Do you undestood
> > me?
> > Tomas
> > Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

Although it's an old disussion I don't know, if there is room for the big
picture....but....
- Windoze is on it's best way to become somthing like an incompatible
componentware (C#, VB.Net etc.)
- There is no crossplattform RAD-tool at the moment.
- Only the Qt-framework....which is far away of being a RAD-tool.
- Java is still crap (sorry....my personal opinion)
- ...and Gambas, relaying on Qt, could be the PITA of M$
- Benoit said, he will not port Gambas to Windoze...but he would help, if
there is someone willing to do the job. :-))))))
- aside of this...developing once, compiling twice is the right way to serve
both platforms.

I've developed some nice tiny tools with Gambas...I can't count the requests
of windoze- friends and -customers, to have this apps on their M$-machines.
- Remote-X is, for most of them, rocket sience. :-/
- migrating their Windoze-mules to a Linux-F1-racer in one go? ...no way!
- German saying: salami-tactic...means "slice-wise"! ;-)

Never give your customer what he needs! ....always give him what he wants!
...with an option! ;-)

There IS a market for Gambas on other plattforms!!!

Regards....awaiting friendly fire! ;-)
Stevie