[Gambas-user] Gambas for windows, how?

Thu May 13 19:46:44 CEST 2010

Dimitris Anogiatis ha scritto:
> Tomas,
> What you could do in this case, is setup a machine with Debian or Ubuntu on
> the customer's premises, (It doesn't have to be a top notch machine) and
> setup x2go and he can use the application from Windows by logging in to the
> debian machine using SSH and x2go which is a terminal server (kinda like RDP
> for windows).
>
> Another solution is to create a Virtual Machine (I usually use Virtualbox)
> of Ubuntu or debian on the customer's fastest machine enable RDP and login
> with Windows Remote Desktop client and use Gambas that way.

There is also AndLinux: http://www.andlinux.org/

It is not an emulator - it is a kernel which runs as a windows service.

I use it on one of my machines and it is amazing: stable, fast, not
memory hungry, sees everything windows sees (usb sticks, CDs, samba
shares). You only need to add an X server (I use Xming).

I use it to develop with gambas, and it works well.

Salutations,
Doriano