[Gambas-user] Message.Info... etc.; screen position

Richard richard.j.walker at ...247...
Tue May 11 20:29:08 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,
This one has troubled me for quite a while and it has recently got worse since
my purchase of a wide screen monitor to replace the right hand screen of a
twin-screen stretched desktop setup.

How can I control where a Message pop-up might be displayed? When I am working
on the left hand screen it is possible for a message window to appear on the
right hand screen well beyond my peripheral range of vision. Twice already
this evening I have been left wondering why my program has stopped responding
only to discover an unexpected pop-up message box three feet away to my
right.

This does not seem to happen with "Dialog"  which has a much more natural
habit of appearing under the mouse. I'm guessing it is actually centred on
the main form window.

Is it possible, does anyone think, to create a new container object in a
project which inherits Message but adds the capability of adjusting its
position?

Richard