[Gambas-user] Gambas2 #2939 - Compile/Install OK, Run Not OK - FIXED

Richard richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sat May 8 21:59:08 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,
and a special hello to anyone who has recently compiled and run Gambas2 on
Mandriva 2010,0!

The system is a freshly updated x86_64 Mandriva 2010.0 from which I removed
the Gambas 2.19.0 which was installed and working.

I have built, installed and tried to run today's #2939 revision but every time
I type in gambas2 in a console I get the error:

ERROR #27: Cannot load component 'gb.qt': cannot find library file

When I execute
locate gb.qt

I get
/usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.so
/usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.so.0
/usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.so.0.0.0

I have also verified it is the right type of library (it is in /usr/lib rather
than /usr/lib64 where I thought it might be)
file /usr/lib/gambas2/qb.qt.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/gambas2/gb.qt.so.0.0.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86_64, version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

.... OK - I have solved it. The CLUE was in the name:-) it should be lib64 and
not lib. The solution? Just copy it over. The empty /usr/lib/64/gambas2
directory was a dead giveaway. Left over from the Mandriva packaged gambas2
install it clearly should not have been empty, and now it isn't and Gambas 2
works again.

Richard