[Gambas-user] Cannot reduce windows size to modal windows

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Mar 18 23:13:53 CET 2010

> 2010/3/18  <minterior at ...626...>:
> > Hello list :)
> > I don't know if this is a bug, a feature or a misconception, but I can't
> > resize a window in modal mode to a lesser size. I display it with
> > ShowModal and the window appears centered with the size as it is in the
> > form design view into Gambas IDE. All is correct at this point. Now,
> > when I try to resize that window I can only increase it but not reduce.
>
> it's a feature

Yep. When showing a form in modal mode, its size is automatically restricted.
It cannot be smaller than its initial size, defined in the IDE.

I think the workaround you found is based on a bug that has been fixed since,
so it won't work anymore with a more recent version of Gambas.

Benoît Minisini