[Gambas-user] printing issue

Thu Mar 4 12:39:21 CET 2010

Robert JUHASZ ha scritto:
> Hello List,
>
> I have a small issue with the printer handling of my application: when I try
> to print, the list of printers is empty and consequently the OK button is
> disabled (there are printers installed on the computers). If I click on
> cancel, the default printer prints out the document. If I print to file it
> works well.
>
> Development computer: Ubuntu 9.10, package made on Gambas 2.19 and 2.20.
> User computer: Ubuntu 9.10, no gambas installed.

It happened to me, on an Ubuntu machine.
If I well remember, I deleted the file /etc/printcap which was /not/
containing right informations about the installed printers. There was
cups installed but, after an analysis, I discovered that QT searched in
printcap instead of the right place. By deleting the file, QT started to
search in the right place.

I don't have that machine at hands right now, so I only go by memory;
you can carefully make some test. I used strace to see what gambas/QT
was doing: if you want you can do the same. Please take this words
seriously - really I am not sure.

Regards,
Doriano