[Gambas-user] What are the {} enclosed variables

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Wed Mar 3 23:09:23 CET 2010

it's to say to the compiler to not manage that wird as a keyword or a class

for exemple Font is a class from gb.qt or gb.gtk

if in a personal class you ad a property name like that :

PROPERTY Font as Font
or PROPERTY Left as Integer

the compiler say there is an error and you cant have a property
MyClass.Font or MyClass.Left

To allow that you need to put the word between {}

PROPERTY {font] as Font

and yes it's not in the doc