[Gambas-user] Debian and Ubuntu package building of Application failed

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Wed Mar 3 22:40:25 CET 2010

2010/3/3 M. Cs. <mohareve at ...626...>:

>> So, concretely, you can't create Ubuntu/Debian packages from Mandriva,
>> unless
>> you compile the needed programs!
>>

> More than that, I never did manage to install the requirements for the
> Mandriva. I'm a big fan of it, although presently using Kubuntu. I'm
> curious, wheter you (Benoit) or someone else did succeed to met the
> dependency requirements for creating .DEB packages from within a RPM based
> distro.

As rpm based distros don't have the dpkg-dev scripts to make a deb
package in the right way, the only option for these cases is making a
rpm package, and then, using "alien -d *.rpm" to get the deb one. This
is far from perfect, but the resulting deb should work in a Debian
based distribution.

Regards.