[Gambas-user] Debian and Ubuntu package building of Application failed

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 3 18:46:23 CET 2010

> Vassilis K ha scritto:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I just made packages of a small application for Opensuse, Madriva and
> > Fedora. Everything worked fine.
> >
> > But the package building for Debian and Ubuntu did not work! It shows:
> > sh: fakeroot: command not found
>
> One clear advantage of linux over windoze is that linux often explain
> what went wrong...
> It seems that "fakeroot" is missing... probably you should install it
> (the package should be named "fakeroot"?)
>
> :-)
>
> Regards,
> Doriano

The problem is worse than that. For example, apparently Mandriva does not make
packages for programs needed to make Debian/Ubuntu packages (fakeroot and
another one I don't remember).

So, concretely, you can't create Ubuntu/Debian packages from Mandriva, unless
you compile the needed programs!

I don't know if it is true for other rpms distribution, or if the contrary is
true (if you can create rpms from Ubuntu/Debian).

--
Benoît Minisini