[Gambas-user] 2-2.21.0: CheckBox_Click event raises twice on mouseclick, once on space bar

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Jul 27 04:48:46 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 09:16:23 kevinfishburne wrote:
Kevin,

I've found this is a problem with gambas/qt, I've many many many dozens of
forms in my project (lost count), some of which pull quite a bit of data from
a postgresql backend.

As a work-a-round suggested by someone else on the list - on forms which are
'doing alot' at startup - I put a timer on the form and in timer1_timer, put
all the code you want to execute once the gui is visible, and set its interval
to an appropriate amount to let the gui finish first.

Works a treat - just experiment with the time required.

Regards

Richard