[Gambas-user] 2-2.21.0: CheckBox_Click event raises twice on mouseclick, once on space bar

kevinfishburne kevinfishburne at ...1887...
Tue Jul 27 01:16:23 CEST 2010

Benoît Minisini wrote:

> You enter the event loop once the Main() function is finished. Why do you
> want
> to display a form before? It's weird too!

I want the form to display as soon as the program is run, basically.

I have the Form_Open procedure immediately execute several procedures, which
takes about 20 seconds, but would like the form to show before the
procedures execute so the user knows the program has been run. GTK shows the
form as soon as I do FormMain.Show/WAIT 0.5, but QT doesn't show the form
until it has exited Form_Open. Here's the code:

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

  ' General initialization.

  ' Show the main form.
  FormMain.Show
  WAIT 0.5

  ' Create config directories.
  IF Exist(User.Home & "/.Sanctimonia") = FALSE THEN MKDIR User.Home &
"/.Sanctimonia"

  ' Create temporary elevation files.
  Elevation.Temp_File_Create
  Tile.Temp_File_Create

  ' Update preview with old data from elevation file.
  Preview.Refresh

  ' Load elevation template into preview cache (remove when finished
debugging).
  Elevation.Template_Load("default.png")

END

I wonder if ultimately there is a way to better ensure consistency between
GTK and QT. I don't know how each is specifically implemented, but I've
noticed several discrepancies between the two along GAMBAS's development.

-----
Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...1887... sales at ...1887...
phone: (770) 853-6271