[Gambas-user] BUG Install on mandriva

Sun Jul 25 08:11:24 CEST 2010

Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
>>   Sorry, but the sources haven't got gb.qt4 but only gb.qt
>>

> Florent talks about compiling Gambas 2 from the *.tar.bz2 sources, whereas
> Doriano talks about compiling Gambas 3 from the subversion repository!

Yes - sorry. I was so deep inside my problems that I made a wrong mental
connection.

> Be careful!
>
> To Doriano: if you have a file instead of a symbolic link, then I think this
> is a uncompatibility problem between your subversion client and the
> sourceforge subversion server. How do you checkout?

Hm - I did not use svn, I downloaded a tarball from surceforge. Here at
home I can not connect to internet, so I downloaded a .tar.gz file and
extracted it into my machine. The first time sourceforge gave me a file
400Mib long, the second time something else went wrong, it seems.

Now, the single file that should be a link it's easy to correct. But, a
line saying "link ../component.am" in the middle of a makefile is
different: the makefile is generated by ./configure; where are the
instructions that make configure think to do such a thing? Otherwise, I
can give up for today, and try to download something else next week. I
am reluctant to use svn because I must put my hands onto a production
machine: it's not terrible, but at first, I decided not to do it: to
download a tarball should be trivial.

Regards,
Doriano