[Gambas-user] Signal management

Tue Jul 13 14:38:35 CEST 2010

Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I don't remember who needed signal management in Gambas.
>
> But it's there now in Gambas 3 since revision #3037, through a new component
> named "gb.signal" and a static class named "Signal".
>
> Signal.Ignore(<signal number>) to ignore a signal.
> Signal.Catch(<signal number>) to catch a signal.

Nice thing. But now I have a further question: is it possible to
implement generic callbacks in Gambas?
I mean - many libraries have functions where you specify a callback to
be called, like the glib function g_signal_connect(); it would be nice
to implement them, even partly, without resorting to write a gambas
component. May be that by using libffi it is possible to implement them
fully, but even a simple event could do. My problem now is that using
ALSA, I must poll continuously to see if some event is coming in,
wasting a lot of CPU and losing precision. With a callback if would be
much simpler...

I hope I have been clear enough.

Regards,
Doriano