[Gambas-user] gb.qte based application

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 9 10:30:29 CEST 2010

> 2010/7/8 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
> >> hi,
> >> succeeded in compiling both Qte and Gambas2-3033 with gb.qte
> >> activated. generated a small application called 1.gambas but when
> >> running it :
> >>
> >> root at ...2457...:/home/Sources/gambas2# ./1.gambas
> >>
> >> ** INTERNAL ERROR **
> >> Cannot find interface of library 'gb.qt'
> >> ** Program aborting... Sorry... :-(
> >>
> >> The same application with gb.qt activated instead work ok (under X).
> >>
> >> Qte library accessible to Qt/embedded application (I can run
> >> designer,qtconfig  ...  ) with :
> >>
> >> designer -qws
> >> qtconfig -qws
> >>
> >> is there someone using gb.qte ?
> >>
> >> best regards,
> >>
> >> Gaël Le Hec'H
> >
> > I guess you are the first one.
> >
> > And that component has been removed in Gambas 3.
> >
> > I think Qt/Embedded has been replaced by normal Qt. Can you confirm? Do
> > you plan to write applications for embedded platforms?
> >
> > --
> > Benoît Minisini

> I use Gambas2 to build HMI for machin in Food Industry, my app is
> based on a Slackware 13/X11/Gambas2 on a Geode 500Mhz panel PC.
> My (small) company has been bought by a much bigger one, they design
> and build their own embedded system : PowerPC 400 MHz and  Qt Creator
> for building C++ HMI (Qt4 for framebuffer based no X11 :-( )
> I would like to use their components as retrofit and for future
> development, but I have no hope to have X11 running on their system
> (it's a company in the far north of europe ;-) very difficult to move
> these guys). gb.Qt4/Embedded does not exist so the logical choice was
> to choose the gb.qte in Gambas2 (piece of cake to check gb.qte instead
> of gb.qt ;-) ) I think getting Qt3/embedded running on their system is
> quite easy (if it doesn't always exist, they have also retrofit to
> do).
>
> Ideally it would be a gb.qt4/embedded ;-) even if I would have to
> switch to gambas3.

Qt/embedded is now part of Qt4:

http://qt.nokia.com/products/platform/qt-for-embedded-linux

So it should be possible to recreate a gb.qt4 embedded component from the
gb.qt4 source code by removing the X11 specific code with conditional
compilation.

It should not be a too huge job, as the QT3/embedded conditional compilation
from gambas2 is yet there in the source code.

--
Benoît Minisini