[Gambas-user] gb.qte based application

Gaël Le Hec'H gael.lehech at ...626...
Fri Jul 9 10:21:17 CEST 2010

2010/7/8 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>> hi,
>> succeeded in compiling both Qte and Gambas2-3033 with gb.qte
>> activated. generated a small application called 1.gambas but when
>> running it :
>>
>> root at ...2457...:/home/Sources/gambas2# ./1.gambas
>>
>> ** INTERNAL ERROR **
>> Cannot find interface of library 'gb.qt'
>> ** Program aborting... Sorry... :-(
>>
>> The same application with gb.qt activated instead work ok (under X).
>>
>> Qte library accessible to Qt/embedded application (I can run
>> designer,qtconfig  ...  ) with :
>>
>> designer -qws
>> qtconfig -qws
>>
>> is there someone using gb.qte ?
>>
>> best regards,
>>
>> Gaël Le Hec'H
>>

> I guess you are the first one.
>
> And that component has been removed in Gambas 3.
>
> I think Qt/Embedded has been replaced by normal Qt. Can you confirm? Do you
> plan to write applications for embedded platforms?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

I use Gambas2 to build HMI for machin in Food Industry, my app is
based on a Slackware 13/X11/Gambas2 on a Geode 500Mhz panel PC.
My (small) company has been bought by a much bigger one, they design
and build their own embedded system : PowerPC 400 MHz and  Qt Creator
for building C++ HMI (Qt4 for framebuffer based no X11 :-( )
I would like to use their components as retrofit and for future
development, but I have no hope to have X11 running on their system
(it's a company in the far north of europe ;-) very difficult to move
these guys). gb.Qt4/Embedded does not exist so the logical choice was
to choose the gb.qte in Gambas2 (piece of cake to check gb.qte instead
of gb.qt ;-) ) I think getting Qt3/embedded running on their system is
quite easy (if it doesn't always exist, they have also retrofit to
do).

Ideally it would be a gb.qt4/embedded ;-) even if I would have to
switch to gambas3.