[Gambas-user] How to develop gambas component

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 27 04:34:44 CET 2010

> Hi Benoît !

You should configure your mail reader to use UTF-8 encoding when needed. :-)

> I'll try to explain my project:
>
> I have an Arm 9 system, and I have to run gambas interpreter
> on in. This Arm 9  exchange data across the SPI with a
> Microchip PIC.
>
> Whereas we want to develop and debug the Arm application
> from a PC, we thought to exchange data from PC to Arm and
> viceversa through UDP socket. When we debug on the PC the
> gambas application, we use the gambas IDE, and when we want
> to read or write data to PIC WE use a UDP socket to send
> data to ARM 9.
>
> But when we execute the gambas program on ARM system we read
> or write data to PIC through the SPI.
>
> My components , used without graphic interface, have to
> export the same interface to Pc and Arm but, if compiled for
> PC the link channel has to be UDP socket, while if compiled
> for Arm have to use the SPI interface.
>
> On the arm system there will be a task that export an UDP
> Server and take the data arrived from SPI.
>
> I hope that I explained well !
>
> If I have my low level function , both UDP and SPI , how I
> can insert my C++ class on the gambas enviroment ?
>
> thanks a lot for all your reply !

Apparently you have very specific needs.

But I think what you really need is a way to have the IDE on one computer, and
the debugged program on another computer. Then you won't have to adapt the way
to send data to the PIC. Am I wrong?

--
Benoît Minisini