[Gambas-user] fastest way to "zero-out" a huge binary file

Simonart Dominique simonart.dominique at ...11...
Mon Jan 25 16:32:18 CET 2010

Hi,

May be I've to elaborate a little bit?

I see the process like this:
1) you transpose each cell of your initial array to a pixel
of a picture where the coordinates of the pixel is equal to
the coordinate of the cell and the grey color of the pixel
is equal to the elevation in the cell
2) you zoom the picture (200%):
basically, each initial pixel become a square of 4 pixels
all the same color, but I'm sure there are functions to
evaluate three of them in intermediate color according the
color of the neighbour pixels (Hope you understand what I
mean!) so the final picture is as precise and smooth as the
initial picture was, but four times bigger.
3) you repeat 2) a number of times
4) you transpose each pixels from the final picture to the
cells of an array where each cells contains the elevation
equal to the grey value of the corresponding pixel.

My english skill can not permit me to say more. Please, if
someone could correct me, thanks in advance to do it!

regards,
Dominique Simonart