[Gambas-user] fastest way to "zero-out" a huge binary file

Simonart Dominique simonart.dominique at ...11...
Mon Jan 25 00:17:46 CET 2010

Hi,
I've just a crude idea and know nothing more on this subject!
If you assume that each value in your big array is a color
value instead of an integer, may be you can find some
graphic effect wich simulate your algorithm.
It seems to me that it's like to find an intermediate color
between 2 others.
Think each cell of your final array as a colored pixel with
color equal to the elevation

The graphical chips are so sophisticated and powerfull that
they could accelerate your process by a one million factor

HTH
Dominique Simonart