[Gambas-user] Gambas program works in IDE, but fails when installed as a package

Bill Richman bill at ...2351...
Mon Jan 25 01:52:51 CET 2010

I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing from me by now, but I just
built an Ubuntu install file of my project, copied it to my friend's
machine, and installed it.  The installation didn't show any errors, and
the previous version worked as expected, but this time I get "This
application has raised an unexpected error and must abor. [2] Cannot
load class 'DataFields_Validate': Unable to load class file.
DataControl.CreateControl.63" on her machine (Ubuntu 8.04.3/"Hardy") and
when I install it and run it on my machine (Ubuntu 8.10/"Intrepid") the
windows come up about the size of postage stamps and the combobox
control on the main form isn't visible at all.  If I run it from the
IDE, this doesn't happen.  I've included screenshots of my machine
showing what it looks like running from the IDE and what it looks like
as a compiled version.  Help!?!  (By the way, this is on Gambas version
2.19.)

--
Bill Richman - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tilter at windmills, maker of pies in the sky, & curmudgeon