[Gambas-user] Program going off the rails in a way I can't explain. Help?

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Tue Jan 19 09:37:53 CET 2010

2010/1/19 Doriano Blengino <doriano.blengino at ...1909...>:

> I think that setting up a flag won't hurt anyway, even if it is ugly.
> The whole GUI world (not only gambas) seems to have this kind of
> mentality (to raise an event in response to modifications made by code),

1) Flags are necessary in any GUI.

2) Events caused by code should fire as if the user had performed the function.

Otherwise the performing code would have to emulate the control's
event sequence and there goes OO encapsulation. not to mention the
need to write unnecessary and oft-repeating code.

HTH