[Gambas-user] Program going off the rails in a way I can't explain. Help?

Tue Jan 19 08:54:21 CET 2010

Bill Richman ha scritto:
> Well, I upgraded to Gambas 2.19 using the instructions for Ubuntu
> Intrepid found here: http://gambasdoc.org/help/install/ubuntu?view.
> Since "Help/About" now reports 2.19, I have to assume that worked, and
> I'm still getting the same behavior (jumping into the "_click" event
> when running the .clear method of the combo-box control).  Although it
> seems like it runs the _click handler a couple of times for each call to
> .clear, and once during the first usage of the .add method as well:
>
> FMain.Populate_cbBedList.178: About to run cbBedList.Clear
> FMain.cbBedList_Click.169: We're in cbBedList_Click()!
> FMain.cbBedList_Click.169: We're in cbBedList_Click()!
> FMain.Populate_cbBedList.180: Right after cbBedList.Clear
> FMain.Populate_cbBedList.185: $res.Count=9
> FMain.Populate_cbBedList.187: $res!BedName=first
> FMain.cbBedList_Click.169: We're in cbBedList_Click()!
>
> I can try setting up a flag to kick me out of the _click until after the
> control is populated, as someone else suggested, but that seems pretty
> ugly.  Is there some way I can be sure I'm running 2.19 (in which you
> noted this bug has been fixed) other than the ?/About menu, or is that
> definitive?

I think that setting up a flag won't hurt anyway, even if it is ugly.
The whole GUI world (not only gambas) seems to have this kind of
mentality (to raise an event in response to modifications made by code),
so even where this problem does not show, may be in the future it will
(this is called "update a software to the latest version").

Regards,
Doriano