[Gambas-user] Problem during Gambas 2.19 installation on Ubuntu 9.10

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 10 14:59:51 CET 2010

> Hi to All !
>
> I'm trying to install last gambas2 version on my ubuntu 9.10
> but I had some error:
>
> 1) I launch the configuration script with:
>
> sudo ./configure  --enable-net=yes --enable-curl=yes
> --enable-smtp=yes
>
> but at the end I receive the following report:
>
> THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> [..]
> - gb.net.curl
> - gb.net.smtp
> [..]
>
> Why this components are disabled ?

Because some libraries or development packages are not installed. You see it
by reading the ./configure output.

> 2) I launched the:
> sudo make
> sudo make install
>
> All the make is done without errors but when I execute the:
>
> gambas2
>
> I receive this error:
> ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.qt': cannot find
> library file

Are you sure that you didn't get error messages during "make install"?

Anyway, you need to provide the full output of the entire configuration,
compilation and installation process, otherwise nobody will be able to help
you.

Benoît Minisini