[Gambas-user] GAMBAS rules! (And a couple of questions about listboxes and control "arrays")

Fri Jan 1 17:58:53 CET 2010

Fabien Bodard ha scritto:
> 2010/1/1 Doriano Blengino <doriano.blengino at ...1909...>:
>
>> Bill Richman ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi.  Thanks for taking the time to explain all of that.  I actually had
>>> most of the code figured out and working already, but you've filled in
>>> some information about "why" it works that I wasn't sure about.  I had
>>> the code creating the buttons, and the "button_click" sub with the
>>> "LAST" value being stored.  I was having trouble getting the array
>>> declared in a way that would make it available to the entire class and
>>> still keep the compiler happy.  Mostly through trial-and-error, I
>>> figured out that I could use:  PUBLIC aButtons AS Object[150] to
>>> accomplish what I needed to.  I don't have the "NEW" clause in there;
>>> I'm not sure if that will come back to bite me or not.  I have a few
>>> things to clean up in the user interface and I think my project will be
>>> ready for use.  I'll probably be back to bother you guys again, though.
>>> :-)
>>>

>> The first way I suggested, "new object[]", is a growing list of objects.
>> The notation you use is a static array;
>>
> no, a static array is defined like that :
>
> Public aButton[150] as Object
>
> This notation :
> PUBLIC aButtons AS Object[150]
>
> define a dynamic array but setup 150 entries
>
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/arraydecl?show
>
> !!! Do not use static arrays as local variables. It works at the
> moment, but may be removed in the future. !!!

For the second time today I must say there is always something to learn.

Thanks. In about three weeks I will be able to distinguish the two
cases... I am intelligent, did you know? :-)

--
Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."