[Gambas-user] GAMBAS rules! (And a couple of questions about listboxes and control "arrays")

Bill Richman bill at ...2351...
Fri Jan 1 15:31:15 CET 2010

Hi.  Thanks for taking the time to explain all of that.  I actually had
most of the code figured out and working already, but you've filled in
some information about "why" it works that I wasn't sure about.  I had
the code creating the buttons, and the "button_click" sub with the
"LAST" value being stored.  I was having trouble getting the array
declared in a way that would make it available to the entire class and
still keep the compiler happy.  Mostly through trial-and-error, I
figured out that I could use:  PUBLIC aButtons AS Object[150] to
accomplish what I needed to.  I don't have the "NEW" clause in there;
I'm not sure if that will come back to bite me or not.  I have a few
things to clean up in the user interface and I think my project will be
ready for use.  I'll probably be back to bother you guys again, though.
:-)

P.S.  - Happy New Year, everyone!

-Bill

Bill Richman - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tilter at windmills, maker of pies in the sky, & curmudgeon
email: bill at ...2350...  web: www.geektrap.com