[Gambas-user] trouble with cgi scripting - Error 24 No Startup Method

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 20 18:53:23 CET 2010

> Hi list, I've been writing some scripts and keep getting this Error 24 No
> Startup Method. This is what I get when I run them directly from the
> console:
>
> gbw2 -v index.cgi
> gbs: compiling server page
> --------------------
> USE "gb.web"
> PUBLIC SUB Main()
>   Response.Buffered = TRUE
>   Response.Begin
>   _PrintPage()
>   Response.End
> END
>
> PRIVATE SUB _PrintPage()
> DIM sEnv AS String
> PRINT "html stuff is here"
> END
>
> --------------------
> gbs: create project
> gbs: process file: /tmp/gambas.0/16002/gs.tmp
> ERROR: #24: No startup method
>
> I've tried this on two different pc's, both with a clean ubuntu 9.10
> install on and gambas 2.13. The scripts work the first time, then after a
> couple of minutes literally just stops working and I have no idea why.
>
> If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.
> (I have attached the script that I'm running thats generating this error
> for me. The strange thing is this script worked the first time and I
> haven't made any changes to it)
> Thanks.

I can't reproduce your bug by running it by hand with gambas >= 2.19.

What happens if you do the same thing? Can you try to upgrade to the latest
gambas 2 version?

--
Benoît Minisini