[Gambas-user] ColumnView Row by Mouse X & Y Coordinates

jwsheff jsheffield40 at ...125...
Thu Feb 11 03:40:53 CET 2010

jwsheff wrote:

> Hi All
>
> My question may be simple but I have spent all day trying to figure this
> out.  I have a ColumnView that I would like to have the text for a
> row/column cell displayed in a text field when my user positions their
> mouse over the ColumnView point.  I can identify the particular
> coordinates using the mouse.x and mouse.y class but can not figure out how
> to relate that to row pointed to by the x/y coordinates.  Need to consider
> the ColumnView can be sorted.
>
> Please help me with this and thank you in advance.

I figured it out.  Was using the documentation associated with the program
which was of little help.  Switched to the online help and that made the
solution clear.  Used the Find method to set the internal cursor to the item
I wanted based on the mouse x and y coordinates, then used Item property to
return the text.

Thanks to all who may have been thinking about this.