[Gambas-user] Linuxmint and gambas

Wed Dec 29 18:18:32 CET 2010

On 12/29/2010 11:46 AM, Matteo Pasotti wrote:
> Il 29/12/2010 16:59, admhardsoft at ...253... ha scritto:
>> Somebody have experience in gambaas with linux mint?
>> Thanks
>> Tomas
> As Werner said, the installation procedure is exactly the same of ubuntu.
> Some time ago I've used the repo from madnessmike, but if you need
> gambas3 the only way I know is to compile the sources (follow the
> instructions provided into the online gambas documentation).
> Gambas (2 and 3) works fine on mint.
> Regards,
I made these scripts a while back, which work in Ubuntu 10.10 and
possibly 10.04. Mint is based on Ubuntu and may even use the same
repositories for packages, so you could give them a try if you like. The
dependency scripts install the packages you need to compile GAMBAS,
while the install scripts download, compile and install the latest
revisions. Execute the dependency scripts first, install scripts second.
You may re-execute the install scripts any time you want to refresh your
install to the latest revision. And as always, read the scripts before
executing.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues