[Gambas-user] Some new features in Gambas 3

Tue Dec 28 19:16:36 CET 2010

> 2) A new set of native functions named Mk<XXX>$() to create a string from
> the
> memory representation of a value. For example, MkShort$(1234) returns
> Chr$(210) & Chr$(4) (on a little endian machine).

I'm updating GambasTester to handle new commands and features.

And I don't quite understand these new functions...
MkByte$(65) returns "A" which is expected if string is created with ascii
encoding.
But MkBoolean(True) returns "^A", and according to documentation boolean
value size is one byte
in memory. This string occupies two bytes?

But moreover, what is intended use of these functions?
Can you provide some hint of practical usage?

Jussi