[Gambas-user] Displaying the same form n times

vikram austinium at ...43...
Mon Dec 20 04:58:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I have two forms in my application, the first one asks how many Application Servers to configure, and then displays second one(IP input dialog) for each Application Server. For example if there are 5 Application Server, the IP input dialog is displayed 5 times.

I was thinking of calling the IP input dialog from a FOR loop within the first form,

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()

  DIM count AS Integer

  ascount = CInt(txt_AScount.Text)        'Point 1

  FOR count = 1 TO ascount
    IPinput.show

  NEXT
END

There are two things I am unsure of here:
1.the number of IP Addresses to be entered is to decided at runtime, I was thinking of storing all IP Addresses entered via the IP input dialog into a String array. But there is no
 way of deciding what the size of the string array should be till Point 1(marked in code), and it is not possible syntactically to define an array at that point in code.
2.The FOR loop for displaying the IP input dialog is not displaying the form ascount times. It only displays it once.

This probably not as complex as it seems, but i am stuck at this point trying to find a solution to this :( I am attaching a sample project with this mail for your reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Vikram