[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 advancement

Sun Dec 19 18:25:04 CET 2010

Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have currently the feeling that I have to correctly fix the "ValueBox"
> problem (the way it is implemented, and more generally the way compound
> controls raise events), and then I will able to make a release candidate of
> Gambas 3.
>
> Tell me the important things I forgot, because I am sure I have forgotten
> things.
>
> Not the small bugs, but the features that may change the language syntax or
> the interface of some components.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Pipes should not return EOF when the pipe is not closed. But they should
return EOF when the other side closes.

A compound control should intercept all events of its members, and raise
its own ones. More in general, a class which uses other classes, or
inherits from them, should completely own them and control the whole
thing, even during creation and destruction.

An OnIdle event would be handy, raised every time there are no other
events pending.

The preprocessor could implement "#define" and use the definitions to do
simple token substitution (and, of course, make test on them).
Otherwise, you end in too many nested "#if".

Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."