[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 Display problems

Michael mdavies5 at ...169...
Wed Dec 8 13:38:46 CET 2010

Using GB.GTK+ Library on Ubuntu maverick, I notice odd display behaviour:
1. Set a panel to default foreground, and text  on components is black
in the IDE, as expected. Run the app and all text is grey.
2. As item 1 but select foreground color as "System.TextForeGround" and
same problem.
3. As item 2 but select foreground color as "Free 000000" and all text
is black in IDE and live.
4. Select a font as Ubuntu -1 and it appears as 10pt as  expected in the
IDE. Run the app and it is about 14pt.
5. As item 4 but check the "Size" box and select a size of 10. It
appears in the IDE, and Live, correctly as 10pt.
6. Set a Panel border to "Etched" and it appears correctly in IDE but,
when run, it appears as plain. Same applies to "Raised" and "Sunken".

I have used Panel as an example but the problems apply to other
components such as labels and text boxes. All the problems can be worked
around but it seems a backward step from the Gambas 2 IDE
Regards
Michael