[Gambas-user] DatePicker and MessageLabel were disabled in revision #3084

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 2 19:37:24 CEST 2010

>    El 01/08/10 16:37, Benoît Minisini escribió:
>
> El 01/08/10 02:11, Benoît Minisini escribió:
>

> Hi,
>
> As the subject said, I have disabled DatePicker and MessageLabel in the
> gb.form component, to see if someone use them.
>
> These controls have problems, especially the DatePicker, and if their
> creator want to fix them, they should tell me. Otherwise they may be
> removed, or rewritten if I have time and someone really needs them.
>
> In the same revision, you can add close buttons to TabStrip tabs, as
> someone asked recently.
>
> Regards,
>

>  I use a custom DatePicker (based on DateChooser) extensively in my
> applications in Gambas2, I don't want it to disappear as a control when
> I begin migrating to Gambas3, as it saves a lot of code and it's a
> handsome control.
>
> So, please do not remove it... ;-)
>

> The DatePicker has many problems, so something must be done!
>

>    I could not find the code for this widget. Where is located in the
> (trunk) source code?
>    And, what are the *many* known problems?
>    Regards
> --
> Jesus, EA7DFH

Beside the code that is not very clean, the main problem is the lack of true
popup mamangement.

I am currently implementing a "ShowPopup" method that allow using a form as a
popup, and I have written a control named "DateBox" with it, that will replace
the DatePicker.

At the moment, the problem is GTK+, which has no easy support for popups, so a
lot of elbow grease and quick & dirty hacks are needed...

Benoît Minisini