[Gambas-user] serial port issue

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Apr 21 15:29:37 CEST 2010

I have no experience with the cable in my link, I just found it
yesterday, but make sure your usb to serial converters have a FTDI chip
inside.
Not (like most of mine) an Prolific PL2303 chip since they all have the
same device id and serial number, so you have a small problem identifing
them.

I have not installed any drivers, but I had to lock them like this:
http://www.domotiga.nl/wiki/Linux/InstallOpt#Lockserialdevicenames

Here is an old photo of my test server showing some of them:
http://www.domotiga.nl/wiki/Domotiga/SetupPics

Using Ubuntu 9.10

Regards,
Ron.