[Gambas-user] Did anybody try to run stepper motors through paralel port

Zelimir Ikovic zelimir_ikovic at ...43...
Sun Apr 18 20:59:27 CEST 2010

To run a stepper we need 2 pins: one for direction: 0 is clckwise, 5V is CounterClockWise.
Second pin is for stepping. I have to bring 5V and keep it for 200 nanosec or more with WAIT1 SUB then bring 0V, and then I need precise amount of time to wait. It has to be precise because speed of machine depends on it
I have to wait let say between 100 and 10000 microsec. If I wait 100microsec machine will move at 10 inch per sec which is maximum I need

Here is how I do it in VB6 on win2000 (On winXP it is not smooth I feel machine will fall apart, and there is not help for this I try everything, only solution is WinXPembedded):
Public Sub WAIT1(w As Long)
Dim kf As Long
For kf = 1 To w
Next kf
End Sub
======================================
Public Sub WAIT2(s As Double)
Dim c1 As Currency
Dim c2 As Currency
QueryPerformanceCounter c1
Do
QueryPerformanceCounter c2
Loop Until ((c2 - c1 - overhead) / freq) > s
End Sub
======================================
'run this at begining of the program to measure freq
Public Sub OVER()
Dim CT1 As Currency
Dim CT2 As Currency
QueryPerformanceFrequency freq