[Gambas-user] clipboard paste doesn't work

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 26 21:55:33 CEST 2009

> Hi, Benoit.
>
> It seems that Clipboard.Paste() doesn't work (see example pasteclip).
>
> I select a text somewhere, then press in the example "Paste from
>  clipboard", but it does not return the text I've selected. To make it work
>  I have to:
>
> 1) select the text;
> 2) copy the text;
> 3) press the button  "Paste from clipboard"

There are two clipboards on X-window. One that is filled when you select
something, and the other that is filled when you explicitely select the "copy"
command.

In Gambas, the Clipboard class only deals with the second clipboard, not the
first one.

Benoît Minisini