[Gambas-user] clipboard paste doesn't work

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Sat Sep 19 12:23:44 CEST 2009

Hi, Benoit.

It seems that Clipboard.Paste() doesn't work (see example pasteclip).

I select a text somewhere, then press in the example "Paste from clipboard",
but it does not return the text I've selected. To make it work I have to:

1) select the text;
2) copy the text;
3) press the button  "Paste from clipboard"

Around there are tools that works without the second step ('copy before
paste'). Here is a little command line tool that works as expected:

http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/software/xsel/#intro

You select a text somewhere, type on console xsel and get
the very last selected text (without the 'copy before' step)

I've tried to reproduce the code of xsel with an EXTERN call, but
I miserably failed to my lack of knowlegde. The example is pasteX
and it produces a Gambas segfault (error 11).

So, help will be appreciated if you explain me how to reproduce
with an EXTERN call the behaviour of xsel.

Thank you all.

Stefano

Gambas 2.15.1
KDE 3.5.10