[Gambas-user] GAMBAS crash when setting columnview's Sorted property

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 17 18:45:42 CEST 2009

> joshiggins wrote:
> > I'm running 32-bit Gambas 2.8 (the one in Jaunty) and I don't seem to get
> > this problem. Granted I'm not adding 13000 strings, more like 200.
> >
> > Are you using the gtk or qt component?
>
> I'm using gtk. I need to correct my previous post. Whether it's set via the
> GUI is irrelevant. Setting it to FALSE after it's been set to TRUE (by any
> method) is what crashes it. It also needs to contain data. If it's empty
> then it won't crash. I've tried a columnview with 1 and three columns and
> data sizes as small as 48 strings.
>
> Here's the code snippet:
>
> ColumnView_Collection.Sorted = FALSE
> WHILE NOT Eof(FileCollection)
>   LINE INPUT #FileCollection, s
>   ColumnView_Collection.Add(Record - 1, s)
>   ColumnView_Collection[Record - 1][1] = "Some directory"
>   ColumnView_Collection[Record - 1][2] = "Some size"
>   Record = Record + 1
> WEND
> ColumnView_Collection.Sorted = TRUE
>
> It crashes at "ColumnView_Collection.Sorted = FALSE" anytime it's already
> sorted and contains data.
>
> Is there a way to erase the columnview's contents completely without
> destroying the control? I use ColumnView_Collection.Clear prior to setting
> .Sorted to FALSE but it makes no difference. If I could get it back to its
> virgin state (before I added keys to it) I can work around the issue.
>
> -----
> Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
> www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
> e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...1887... sales at ...1887...
> phone: (770) 853-6271

I fixed the bug in revision #2337. It was not 64 bits related at all.

If you want to show a lot of data in columns, I suggest using a GridView for
that. Sorted view controls are very slow in GTK+, even if I hack a lot to
workaround the problem.

Benoît Minisini