[Gambas-user] GAMBAS crash when setting columnview's Sorted property

kevinfishburne kevinfishburne at ...1887...
Thu Sep 17 12:48:37 CEST 2009

joshiggins wrote:

> I'm running 32-bit Gambas 2.8 (the one in Jaunty) and I don't seem to get
> this problem. Granted I'm not adding 13000 strings, more like 200.
>
> Are you using the gtk or qt component?

I'm using gtk. I need to correct my previous post. Whether it's set via the
GUI is irrelevant. Setting it to FALSE after it's been set to TRUE (by any
method) is what crashes it. It also needs to contain data. If it's empty
then it won't crash. I've tried a columnview with 1 and three columns and
data sizes as small as 48 strings.

Here's the code snippet:

ColumnView_Collection.Sorted = FALSE
WHILE NOT Eof(FileCollection)
  LINE INPUT #FileCollection, s
  ColumnView_Collection.Add(Record - 1, s)
  ColumnView_Collection[Record - 1][1] = "Some directory"
  ColumnView_Collection[Record - 1][2] = "Some size"
  Record = Record + 1
WEND
ColumnView_Collection.Sorted = TRUE

It crashes at "ColumnView_Collection.Sorted = FALSE" anytime it's already
sorted and contains data.

Is there a way to erase the columnview's contents completely without
destroying the control? I use ColumnView_Collection.Clear prior to setting
.Sorted to FALSE but it makes no difference. If I could get it back to its
virgin state (before I added keys to it) I can work around the issue.

-----
Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...1887... sales at ...1887...
phone: (770) 853-6271